UFOexperiences

This blog has been created to inform the public about the UFO subject. It also contains peripheral phenomena. Created by Aileen Garoutte, previously Director of The UFO Contact Center International.

Friday, June 24, 2005

ALIENS ON ICE

Ed Komarek
My Blog: http://exopolitics.blogspot.com/

In a previous paper I made reference to the fact that Fox executives had got wind of this story and used the story as the basis for a X-files program titled Alien On Ice. One of our people with ORTK drove these executives around as part of her job in California and told them about this case hoping to get some funding for me.

I would like to fill the reader in on this case in detail in which I have invested several thousands of dollars over the years and two trips to British Columbia. I did this to find the five mummified bodies dressed in metallic suits found by Larry Requa around 1938 when he was a constable operating out of Stewart BC.

Before describing what was found let me give the reader some background on this case. In a prior paper I described how my father Ed Komarek Sr. organized a group of scientists and plantation owners to create the first fire conferences and later Tall Timbers Research Station. When my father was early in this process of organization he searched out others from around the world who were doing fire research, one who was Larry Requa. At the time in the 1960's I believe Larry was the head of forest service in the Yukon Territories of Canada.

Around 1962 our family in one of our annual trips about the United States and Canada ended up at Whitehorse Canada where Dad could meet up with Larry Requa. I remember the first time I met Larry was when we had broken down and it took a couple of days to repair the camper.

Larry took pity on my sister and I who were sitting around bored to death and had his helicopter pilot take us both up around the forest service base for a short helicopter ride. Later he told me he could have gotten in trouble for that but this just shows what a kind and considerate person Larry was.

Dad brought Larry down to Tallahassee to lecture at a fire conference and Larry became a friend of the family. Larry's paper, Lightning Behavior in the Yukon, is in the proceedings of the Third Annual Tall Timbers Fire Ecology Conference and is available from Tall Timbers Research Inc. Later when Larry retired and was in his seventies he came back to visit with old friends like my mother and father. This was around the 1980's give or take a few years. At this time I was well into UFO's and my mother had a habit of telling others about her son's strange interests.

Well, my mother and Larry were setting on the back steps of the house one evening looking up at the stars when she mentioned my interest in UFO's. She was very surprised when Larry said; I had this experience years ago and I have told nobody about it, not even my wife at the time. He told his story to my mother and said he had transcribed his notes from the period onto a tape along with other stories and adventures he had in the far north. The next evening I got Jeff Anderson a good friend of mine to come over to hear what Larry had to say. Also there were my very skeptical Uncle Roy who was fit to be tied because he really liked Larry and just did not know what to make of Larry's story. Sonny Stoddard and my mother and father were also there.


I could tell that Larry was very emotional and shaky just talking about this experience for the first time. I could see that this experience had made a powerful impression and had helped shape the rest of his life. Larry said that when he was a young man and a constable for the RCMP, he would not say when and where, he went looking for a prospector who went missing. He was flown to a glacial lake, got out and followed the prospector's trail around the lake. He crossed the stream that fed into the lake which was very cold and could find no sign of the prospector on the other side. He walked up the stream to a small mound and sat down to warm up. He looked across the stream to see a small cave that had been mortared up with stones and mud from the river. He went back across the stream and knocked a small hole through the mortared stones and shined in the darkness with a flashlight.

He was very surprised to see that the inside of the cave had been cut away to create a rectangular chamber about 12 by 12 feet with a stone bench cut into the back wall. On the bench in the back were five mummified bodies dressed in metallic cloth about three and a half feet long. He made the opening larger and went inside and felt the wall which had a smooth glassy surface like the rock had been melted away. In front of the five mummified bodies was a emblem and what appeared to be a flexible metal equivalent of a chain but was like a flexible round length of metal but without any visible links. It seemed the beings had died looking at the emblem on the small pile of rocks a kind of makeshift altar.

Larry went over and touched the metal fabric with his pencil on one of the bodies and found it to be very flexible. He was taking notes through the whole experience as was his duty and training. The bodies were short and humanoid with long slender finger bones and large extended craniums. One of the bodies had a red suit coverall and the others had blue suit coveralls. Overhead was a shaft in which he shined his flashlight but could see no end. He lit a match to see if their was a draft and there was not a draft. After he had investigated the bodies he went back and picked up the emblem which was square with the four primary colors evenly divided into smaller squares on it. It was light as a feather and when he was holding it he suddenly saw what he described as images forming on the wall.

The first scene was a craft coming down with the occupants being knocked around. The second images was the five beings next to a hole melted down into the glacier. One of the beings had a broken leg and was lying down and the other four were standing up with one holding a broken arm. He had noticed the broken leg and arm on the bodies before picking up the emblem. The next image was of the beings dying in the cave. The final image was of him sealing up the cave and leaving everything as he found it. He placed the emblem back on the small pile of rocks and when outside and sealed the cave back up feeling that the place was sacred and should not ever be disturbed. Larry was part Indian. He said he made up two reports one without the event which he filed and one with the event which he kept only for himself.

In the 1990's this story was still on my mind and I figured that Larry had now died and that I would see what I could do about finding where this story happened and when. Larry would not say, where, when, let alone tell where the location was. I told the story to Rob one of our ORTK people and we drew up a agreement to share whatever we found. Rob went to work and after many phone calls found that Larry's wife was still alive who was in her nineties as well as were his two sons. She and Larry had long gone their separate ways but had remained married. They all figured Larry had died as he had broken off contact will them all years before. Rob tracked Larry's movements all over the north and back to Stewart BC. Then he got the microfilm from the local newspaper and sent it to me and I found references to Larry in the paper. He had a pet fox at one time and another time he put some tramps to work clearing a lot while he was constable. It was Larry's job to go out into this very rugged terrain to find missing prospectors and trappers when they failed to show up for provisions in the spring. In the paper their was also a description of the explosion which he said told us had happened about the time of his discovery. We were not able to find a missing prospector in the paper around the time of this explosion.

Rob and I drove up to Stewart thinking that we could hike in to find the site. Boy were we surprised as this was the most rugged terrain in North America, straight up and down. There was an ice field forty miles long with glaciers coming down on all sides. At the newspaper archives and little mining museum, Rob talked to a lady there, and the lady said that a friend of Larry's had recently come by and to our surprise Larry was still alive and living about a thousand miles away. Rob and I tracked Larry down and he was ninety two, I think, and still in good health. He told the same story to Rob as I had heard years ago and showed Rob a copy of the medallion he had made in the States out of sliver by Indians. It was the same copy that he had shown my family perhaps twenty years before. On the back of the copy of the emblem was etched a arc with a line across through the arc and several cross hatches on the line. Larry said he felt that this had something to do with the ET's physics and travel.

Needless to say Larry was very surprised that I had tracked him down after all these years but he still would not give us the location. We went home and Larry died a couple of years later from stomach cancer and he was found with the emblem in his pocket. I had a falling out with Rob when Rob broke our agreement and talked with some friends of his to go back looking for the bodies themselves. Later I decided to go back alone.

I had been in contact with Steven Greer's CSETI and had done a small story on this case. It so happened that a helicopter pilot operating out of Stewart heard this story from CSETI and CSETI got me in contact with him. The Pilot was very kind and gave me about five thousand dollars of helicopter time for only a couple of thousand dollars. We went all over the eastern side of the mountain range that separates BC from Alaska. It's a huge rugged area. Looking for the site is like looking for a needle in a hay stack. Lucky for me I have information that I have never given to anybody else that still gives me a shot at finding this site if I don't get too old before going back. I have the area narrowed down to where I will have to prospect on foot.

From everything I have found out I believe that Larry did not find the bodies himself. I think he made the part about the prospector up, to cover for somebody else. There was a trapper that he knew well who was all over that country and even has a lake named after him. I just found out that the Trapper never married or had children who might have passed on a story. I think a prospector or trapper found the site and because Larry was constable, came to him and then both went back to check it out and decided never to divulge the location. I think both took the location to their graves.

Today the glaciers are receding in a big way and perhaps some pilot will notice something shiny at the base of a glacier, fly down and see a crumpled spaceship and tell the authorities, only to have the evidence spirited away like in so many other cases. All that will be left will be a story told by a pilot and no evidence of a spaceship ever crashing in this remote part of North America. I have no doubt this story is true. Larry was a honest man of high integrity who knew little about UFO's until I gave him some of my books to read after he told us his story.

11 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

counter by www.digits.com