UFOexperiences

This blog has been created to inform the public about the UFO subject. It also contains peripheral phenomena. Created by Aileen Garoutte, previously Director of The UFO Contact Center International.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

PALENQUE, MEXICO

A Solid Oblong Craft Hovers Above Witnesses

Date: 1996
Time: 4:00 or 4.30 a.m.

HBCC UFO Research Note: Permission was given to keep the names in this report.

I greatly appreciate what you do in this whole complex and dynamic field of interest. For years I have been interested in the so called UFO phenomena (I'm 26) and have probably discussed the issues a million times with many people and enjoy the different perspectives people have.

To be as brief as possible, I live in New Zealand and my father who is a professional director of photography was filming a BBC series called "Spirits of the Jaguar" back in 96' when he along with 2 or 3 others had the sighting. What really blows me away about the sighting is the location it was in (Palenque, Mexico) and the apparent interest the UFO had either in the people viewing it or King Pacals tomb/pyramid. Basically, they were setting up their equipment, camera etc for the day shoot. It was only 4:00 or 4:30 am so still dark, so unfortunately there was no way of filming the event.

After realizing there was a small light on the horizon over the jungle in Palenque my father and others become curious as it was a little unusual, although at first they speculated it could be some kind of micro-light craft. Eventually the light came silently zigzagging towards them. Now at this stage they were directly at the bottom of the Temple of Inscriptions setting up. As the light came closer it suddenly sped up if I recall correctly and zoomed towards their position, where it "stopped on a dime" in my fathers words. Now keep in mind as far as my father was concerned UFO's were only something his son talked and read about all the time.

He had no belief what so ever in their existence and never really looked at the evidence, despite my pleas! Now this light had stopped directly above them (or perhaps above the temple itself) and it's luminescence went out to reveal a solid oblong kind of shape, perhaps a couple thousand feet up and perhaps the size of a large truck, but I'm not 100% sure about that. My father described it as pretty much brick like. After a few moments of awe and confusion amongst the watchers the crafts light came back on and it shot off to the horizon again at a seemingly impossible speed, all the while completely silent! I believe the light was pretty much the entire craft glowing (propulsion system effect?)

One of the things my father still finds hard to fathom is the complete silence of the craft as it shot off at lightning speed. Now I suppose we could speculate on many explanations for this crafts interest in this area, or perhaps it was simply interested in checking out what these humans were doing up so early? Who knows, but it doesn't seem particularly explainable as far as US military black projects go but who really knows? If you would like to discuss this further I would be most happy to.

Thanks so much for reading this and doing all the work you do to keep people informed about a subject that we both know should really receive much more attention.Take care and all the best for you and your loved ones.

Elliot Lemmon
P.S. - Please feel free to use our real names if you would like to post this anywhere.

Additional Information:

Hi Brian, thanks very much for your reply. I am in the process of getting a more accurate time line for this sighting by my father. He's just not sure what shoot it was at this stage as he traveled to and from Mexico a few times that year. As soon as I know I'll send you more info. The only date I have is 1996, I will surely have it down to a month in a couple days but not sure I can get any more accurate than that unfortunately.

It would be fascinating to hear if any other sightings happened around that time with similar shaped objects. I've certainly kept my eyes and ears open for any reportings of oblong type shapes since, of which there haven't been too many.

Feel free to post this report on your website. Many thanks for your efforts. I'll be in touch ASAP.

Thank you to Elliot Lemmon for this very interesting report.
________
And thank you Brian Vike for sharing.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

counter by www.digits.com